Monday, April 18, 2011

KEDAH JUKEBOX

Okay, no more crap. It's about time I talk something useful and informative instead of the usual trash-talk. Now I'm gonna teach you some words in Kedah people daily conversation.

You      : we don't wanna to know about Kedah, give me the usual Apple Waffle
Keough : Shut up. Too bad, this is my blog, I can chose whatever the hell I want to write.
You     : %$#@!

I've been living in Kedah for 13 years and I must say, I'm losing my Kedah accent which I will not blame urbanization or Barrack Obama's ex-girlfriend's pedophile grandma.  Years of talking formal in Bahasa Malaysia have taken in toll.

Hang- you
example : Hang nak makan apa?  | What you want to eat?

Depa-they
Depa nak  makan apa?  | What they want to eat?

Hangpa semua- you all
Hangpa semua bila nak makan?  When you all wanna eat?

seriau- afraid
Seriau aku ikut jalan itu, ada hantu | I'm afraid to use that path, there is ghost there.
 
habaq-tell
Aku nak habaq benda penting ni.  | I want to tell you something important.

sat-1. for a moment      2.wait
1.  Tunggu sat | Wait for a moment. (usually use with the word "tunggu" at the front,but it would also be understandable if you use the word "sat" alone)
2. sat sat sat!  | wait wait wait!

satgi- later
Satgi hang jumpa aku belakang rumah.  | Later I will meet you behind the house.

pi-   go
Jom pi pekan  | Let's go to town.

lagu tu- like that
Jangan buat lagu tu.  | Don't do like that.

awat- why
Awat muka sedih?  | Why the sad face?

kupang- this is a bit tricky to explain.
10 cent is sekupang
20 cent is dua kupang
30 cent is tiga kupang
but there is no such thing as 10 kupang. RM1.00 is "Seringgit" in Kedah. Got it?

Now let's jump off the building together practice together. Read the text below, see whether you could understand.

Brad Pitt : Hang jangan habaq kat depa,satgi aku nak pergi clubbing.
Lady Gaga : Awat hang nak pergi seorang? Ajak la aku. Tapi nak pinjam duit boleh? dalam wallet aku tinggal 4  kupang saja.
Brad Pitt  : Seriau aku nak bagi pinjam duit kat hang, hang bukan reti bayar. tiada duit tak boleh ikut.

(as Brad Pitt is leaving he was stopped by Osama Bin Laden )
Osama Bin laden : sat sat sat! hangpa tunggu sat sini , Pak Cik aku satgi nak datang,dia bawak makanan untuk kita.

Rumors has it that Osama was from Changlun, Kedah
Thanx for reading today's Apple Waffle. Chill out, I'm Keough and Kedah people are AWESOME.

3 comments:

  1. I like it! At least I learnt something

    ReplyDelete
  2. The part Tiada duit tak boleh ikut should be like this...
    Takdak duit hang tak leh ikut...
    Hahaha...
    You are good Keough...

    ReplyDelete

If you gonna type hate message.. pls do so, our love-hate relationship is unstoppable,