Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happy Holiday

           Remember last Tuesday we have a holiday,yeah,that Tuesday. The day you don't have class and wake up at 12 pm.(or in my case, i wake at 4 pm) Yeah,that day. Malaysian,that day is a holiday because it's the New Year for muslim.It is call Awal Muharam.

Awal means beginning in English and Muharram is the name of the first month in the Muslim calendar. So Awal Muharram is "the start of Muharram".

             It is also the day Prophet Muhammad's journey from Mecca to Medina on the first of Muharram in 622AD/the-year-I-was-born.Thats why it is also known as Maal Hijrah. Hijrah mean to move away from something/someplace. For muslim,it's a fresh start. New vow are made to move away from bad habit and become a better person.(but somehow I never manage to kept my vow,but this year for sure)

You : yeah right..you said that last year too
Keough :  ...................................................................(speechless)

          To mark the occasion, Muslims attend various religious activities throughout the country.Special prayers and sermons at public halls and mosques for unworldly gain.In Malaysia, a 'Tokoh Ma'al Hijrah' is awarded to a Muslim personality to honour their contribution to Islam. This year Tokoh Ma'al Hijrah is awarded to Tan Sri Dr.Zeti Akhtar Aziz, (our beloved Gabenor Bank Negara/your-girlfriend). Your girlfriend received a cash prize of RM100,000, a medal, plaque and a certificate.Wow,what the fu fish? Rm100,000? Congratulation! Now you can finally marry your girl-friend using that money .I wish I'm that lucky,so jealous of you. If I win that amount of money, of course I wont tell mom and dad.I say I won Rm1000 and give them the only the medal,plaque,and the certificate .(Bad son)
YDP-Agong presenting the award to Zeti,and next year it's my turn.(hopefully)


Why suddenly I have the motivation to keep my vow for this year.(You : yeah,we know you want to win the Tokoh Maal Hijrah,dream on Keough,)Thanks for reading today's episode of Apple Waffle.Chill out. I'm Keough and you are from Nigeria. By the way,i'm promoting my sis artwork,she is really talented.Just check her out.She posted her artwork on FaceBook page
~LETS STALK HER PAGE~click here please

5 comments:

  1. the page, awesome seyh!.. btw aku rasa link kat sidebar under cool artwork tu, salah kut.. hurm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. okayh
    lepas ni apply kat ydpa for that anugerah
    lulz~

    ReplyDelete
  3. bro~ link kt side fiera slh la...=.=""

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) muahhh~!

    this is the real link :D

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/FieraKittenz-Artworks/162912207084693

    sori i changed the page name

    ReplyDelete

If you gonna type hate message.. pls do so, our love-hate relationship is unstoppable,